Internship applications are no longer being accepted, please check back at the end of 2013.
Internships typically last six to eight weeks, depending on scheduling. The wildlife centre offers very basic housing and occasionally some meals, but for the most part you will be responsible for keeping yourself fed. Interns are involved in all aspects of life at MARS, from wildlife care to participating in events. The work is demanding, the hours can be long and hectic, but internship at MARS offers rewarding, life changing experiences!
Here are some of the 2012 interns and their work...
- Jordan handles one of the 2012 rescued seal pups.
- Tim and Bryony rewrap a Turkey Vulture's broken wing.
- Elizabeth with one of the raccoon babies from the summer.
- Marielle with the last fawn of the 2012 season.
- Haley performing physiotherapy on a goose
- Helping with "Take Flight with MARS" at the Sid Williams Theatre
- Bryony presenting with Shakespeare on Mt. Washington
- Hanna being interviewed by Shaw TV in July 2012
- Tim, Bryony and Marielle on a field trip to Mt. Washington
- Laundry warriors, Haley and Marrielle